On the last Saturday of April (on the 24th! 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm UK, 9pm Spain), we will be hosting a comparative wine tasting online of Spain’s biggest contenders,
Rioja vs Ribera del Duero – Crianzas.
We have chosen this easy tapa with big flavor to accompany these popular wines. To join us, purchase your ticket here.
Without further ado, here is the recipe!
Spinach & Onion Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Manchego Cheese
PREP: 5 minutes
COOK: 15 minutes
TOTAL: 20 minutes
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach, finely chopped
- ⅓ yellow onion, diced finely
- 10-12 mushrooms,cleaned
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- Half tablespoon, mixed herbs (rosemary, sage, thyme)
- Salt & pepper
- Manchego cheese, grated, enough to lightly cover the mushrooms
- Frying pan
- Small oven tray/pyrex (casserole dish)
- Knife & cutting board
- Grater for the cheese
- Plate for serving!
De-stem the mushrooms. Heat the oil in the frying pan and sautée the yellow onion until soft. Add the spinach, a pinch of mixed herbs and season. Cook on low heat for 5 mins. Fill the mushroom caps with the mixture and put them in a small oven tray/pyrex. Grate over manchego cheese and bake at 200ºC for about 15 minutes.
Recipe by Heather Evans