Aenean Ultricies Quam
ALL LIFE IS AN EXPERIMENT.
THE MORE EXPERIMENTS YOU MAKE THE BETTER.
Escorted Tour: Explore the Camino de Santiago
October 17-24th, 2021
There are many routes to Santiago de Compostela. One of the most popular is the Camino Francés, the French Way, which originates in Saint Jean Pied de Port in France. During our trip, we shall be walking stretches of the French Way in Spain. It leads us through different landscapes and places of interest to offer a feeling of what the Camino is about, and what it means to pilgrims of the past and present. We start in Madrid and finish in Santiago de Compostela Madrid with four walking days in between. There will be a shorter 4-mile walk on the first day and 7-9 mile walks on subsequent days with on-hand bus support to suit walking ability.
Christian pilgrims in the Middle Ages walked this spectacular path to be spiritually-inspired for centuries. There are three historic Christian pilgrimage sites in the world: Rome, Jerusalem and Santiago de Compostela. Anglicans have had pilgrim centres in Jerusalem and Rome for thousands of years, but up until this point, nothing has existed in Santiago. Santiago became a destination point for pilgrims because the cathedral was said to house the remains of St. James since the 12th century. We are about to follow in the footsteps of these pilgrims.
- Dinner & Private Tour at Botin, the World’s Oldest Restaurant
- Flamenco at the Carboneras Flamenco Tablao
- Prado Museum, Madrid - Guided visit of Collection Highlights
- Leon Cathedral & the Basilica of Saint Isidoro
- Gaudi along the Camino: visits to Casa Botines & the Episcopal Palace in Astorga
- Wines along the French Way, Private tasting
- Pilgrim’s Mass with the Botafumeiro
- Catered music recital in Pazo Country House Gardens in Arzua
- Private mass with Bishop Carlos in Santiago de Compostela’s Santa Susana Church
- Farewell dinner in the 15th-century Parador de Santiago de Compostela
Price: $4995 / £3595 / €4229 per person
Single Supplement: $770 / £560 / €650
Deposit:$500 / £350 / €400 per person
- 1 night at the NH Palacio de Tepa, Madrid 5*
- 1 night at the NH Collection Plaza Mayor, Leon 4*
- 1 night at Hotel Spa Ciudad de Astorga 4*
- 1 night at Palacio de Canedo, El Bierzo 4*
- 1 night at A Painza, Arzua , Casa Rural
- 2 nights at Parador de Santiago de Compostela 5*
- Private transport by luxury coach
- Tour hosts
- Breakfast daily; 6 lunches / 7 dinners with wine
- Visits & activities as specified
- Airfare and flights; any meals not mentioned above; travel insurance, gratuities for guides