Aenean Ultricies Quam
ALL LIFE IS AN EXPERIMENT.
THE MORE EXPERIMENTS YOU MAKE THE BETTER.
Multi Day Private Tour: In the Footsteps of Al-Andalus: Minarets and Masterpieces
Madrid-Toledo-Cordoba-Granada-Seville. Your 10 DAY Private Tour. You choose the dates.
Soaring bell towers, intricate mosaics, vivid fields of saffron, fragrant groves of almonds and oranges – the Spanish landscape still bears gorgeous traces of Al-Andalus, the Islamic dominion that once covered most of the Iberian peninsula. The southern cities of Granada, Córdoba, and Seville were all mighty seats of power that today stand as portals to a bygone world, which you will enter on this immersive tour of the region now known as Andalusia.
Our historians will walk and talk you through the dreamlike palaces and gardens of Granada’s Alhambra citadel, the ancient passageways of Córdoba, the geometries of the Giralda minaret that looms above Seville. You’ll also learn how the shared heritage of three distinct civilizations – Christian, Moorish, Jewish – made this fertile ground for a hybrid creative culture that still flourishes today by way of art, music, and food.
Eat tapas dishes based on medieval recipes. Watch flamenco shows rooted in age-old gypsy traditions. Meet merchants and artisans whose skills and trades date back to the days when Al-Andalus was the academic, economic centre of the globe. Each experience is made personal by our guides and contacts, all local experts with a deep knowledge and abiding love of the South. You’ll see the centre too: exploring the cities of Madrid and Toledo. These former outposts of the Arabian caliphate became the capitals of Catholic Spain and now serve as neighbouring hubs of rich history, world-class gastronomy, and thrilling nightlife.
- Tapas tours with local foodies in Madrid, Cordoba, Granada, and Seville
Behind-the-scenes encounters with local artisans in Madrid, Cordoba, & Seville, who explain in colorful detail what goes into their craft
- An evening in the company of a flamenco dancer, with an informal chat over tapas followed by a live show at a buzzing tablao venue in Madrid
- Day trip to Toledo, a World Heritage City of Three Cultures, and former Spanish capital
- Early Access, Behind-the-Scenes Tour & Dinner: a meal at Botin, the world's oldest restaurant, and visit to its centuries-old cellars
- Exclusive Access Experience: Private, informal concert from local flamenco guitar legend in Cordoba
- Exclusive Access Experience: Private olive oil tasting & dinner with acclaimed chef in Cordoba
- Fast-track Access Tours: Prado museum in Madrid, the Great Mosque in Cordoba, the Alhambra in Granada, & the Alcazar in Seville
- Exclusive Access Experience: Cooking class & dinner hosted by local Sevillana at her private home with Cathedral views from the terrace
*** Price: 2-3 people, 5499€ per person
4-6 people, 4669€ per person
7-10 people, 4369€ per person
Single Supplement: 1059€
Deposit: 500€ per person
- 3 nights Urso Hotel & Spa, 5*, Madrid
- 2 nights Hotel Madinat, 4*, Cordoba
- 2 nights Hotel Alhambra Palace, 5*, Granada
- 3 nights Hotel Hospes las Casas del Rey de Baeza, 4*, Seville
*All breakfasts included
- Luxury Car Service & Driver: One airport and all train station transfers (except day trip to Toledo)
- First Class train tickets Madrid to Cordoba, Cordoba to Granada, and Granada to Seville
- Two lunches & six dinners (wines included)
- All privately guided visits, activities, and entrances mentioned in the itinerary
- Airfare and flights; meals not mentioned above; travel insurance, gratuities for guides